The Canada-Poland Chamber of Commerce provides a forum for Canadians to learn about and discuss development, expansion of business, trade and investment between Canada and Poland. You will learn to foster relationships and network with other businesses in Canada.
The Chamber offers internship opportunities for young Canadians on a volunteer basis. The goal of this program is to connect students, recent graduates and/or young professionals with experience in the non-profit sector and the ability to get their work published.
About the Internship
The internship offers unique opportunities to network with a multitude of business professionals and politicians from all three levels of the Canadian government. We provide interns with a platform to publish well-researched, journalistic-style articles on our website’s news section and social media accounts.
Applications are accepted year round and there’s a minimum timespan of 3 months to commit to the CPCC as an intern. Following the conclusion of 3 months, the internship can be extended by the Board of Directors if the individual is interested.
Interns have the following responsibilities:
- Publish one article that is 650-850 words in length each month;
- Assist in event organization;
- Utilize social media to increase the reach of CPCC;
- Assist the VP of IT and/or Communications Committee Chair in website content creation;
- Attend conferences to further publicize the Chamber’s relations.
We look for motivated and knowledgeable individuals with an aptitude for research and journalistic writing. The intern should be capable of working in a diverse working environment and fulfill the assigned responsibilities. Students perusing post-secondary education are preferred.
Benefits of Internship
By interning at the Canada-Poland Chamber of Commerce, you stand to gain:
- A reference letter from CPCC’s President;
- Opportunities to publish articles on CPCC’s website;
- Canadian, Polish and International networking opportunities with members of the business community and government;
- Free access to high-profile events throughout your term;
Ability to contribute any other professional skills you may have and receive credit for those contributions. For example, photography, videography, graphic design, etc.;
- Gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to your resume and/or enhance your application to Graduate School;
- Create an advantage over other job or graduate school applicants;
- Meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references;
- Open to door to advice for the next steps to take on your career path;
- For those who go above and beyond their responsibilities can be a “Featured Member” on our website.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form AND attach the following in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae;
- The names and contact information of three references, one academic reference, two work place references;
- A journalistic writing sample.